Meditation and Mindfulness for Healthcare Workers

Did you know that just sitting down, breathing with ease, highly positively impacts the brain?

Meditation focuses mainly on the body and the mind working together to ease and relax the body in general. While working, some environments may be stressful, and they may cause anxiety due to the nature of work being done, errors may be made, fatigue builds up. All of these may be due to lack of enough sleep and other stress in the physical workplace.

Meditation is a way in which improve mental health and focus, and this is achieved by teaching the brain and creating a sense of concentration. Meditation leads to improvement of life and has a lot of benefits. Once one learns how to control the brain and concentrate, it helps reduce loneliness—also reducing the error rate, anxiety, stress, and handling the respective work in a much better way which is also effective.

Here are the ways to follow to begin meditation. To see what happens after you meditate, the best thing is to try it.  The steps are pretty straightforward, and one starts by relaxing the body, getting comfortable, and closing the eyes while breathing in a rhythmic way to achieve the required focus. With more practice, one gains enough experience to focus and starting enjoying the benefits of meditation. While starting, a few minutes between 5- 10 minutes is advised for the very first time. Afterward, one can try up to 20 minutes, and with time, one can try the time limit that suits them best.

It’s guaranteed that you will reap the benefits  (“Meditate Now – Go to the Source | Meditation.com”) of meditation with time and with more practice.

Works Cited

“Meditate Now – Go to the Source | Meditation.com.” Meditate Now, www.meditation.com/. Accessed 17 Nov. 2021.

“YouTube.” YouTube, 2019, www.youtube.com/watch?.

“Zen Habits.” Zenhabits.net, zenhabits.net/.

3 thoughts on “Meditation and Mindfulness for Healthcare Workers

1. 001303470

Hi there!
    This is a really interesting topic, but I wish you had some more information about the benefits of meditation, backed by your research. I’ve never tried meditation myself, but I think it could be very beneficial for me since most of the other coping mechanisms I’ve tried aren’t that successful or don’t last long. I did like how you talked about what meditation is, the benefits of it, and what may be happening in someone’s life that could lead them to trying out meditation. Again, more information about your research articles would have been good to provide the reader with more information regarding facts about the benefits of it.

2. 008009164

Hello!
    I enjoyed reading about the topic you presented since meditation is something I have tried to get into for stress relief. I like how you started with a fun fact about the importance of taking a minute to sit down, breathe, and think positively throughout the day. I also liked how you explained the benefits of meditation and provided an image too. I wish more of your research articles were listed to see how scholarly articles compared to your media sources. Overall great job!

3. 008010024

Hi! I enjoyed your blog post on meditation. I find meditation extremely helpful when feeling stressed and anxious. I enjoy using the “Headspace” app which is a guided meditation and have found that this works the best for me. I found the blog to be helpful and enjoyed the media clips!